And twenty-five days to go...

I feel like I'm just now hitting the ground running. And boy, is it rocky ground! Well, not so much rocky as having the occasional washout, downed tree and a bunch of roots just waiting to trip the unwary.

But the view sure is nice!

With less than four weeks to go, we are definitely looking at the homestretch, which, as I alluded to earlier, just seems impossible given that we've been rather lacksidasically planning this for almost ten months. Where did those months go? And what was I doing wasting them when I could have been writing our ceremony, or making programs, or buying shoes, or any of those things it didn't occur to me to do?

Still, headway is being made. We've spoken to all the people who are doing readings. We've booked the pier. The ceremony is mostly written, and with that done, programs are not far behind. Saturday is 'hair day' at the Creekside Salon, where I will get some hair cut and coloured and other hair removed (now isn't that Too Much Information!).

Eyebrows, silly!

The weekend after, we're in town picking up last minute stuff. A whole weekend of shopping! Steve'll just love that...

And the weekend after THAT we're going to Victoria for Jody and Julia's wedding. They got engaged in January, but May 12 was the best day they could get at their location. No offence, guys, but when I look at my to-do list, I do hate you. But just a little!

And the very next weekend Steve & I will do Our Thing and get married ourselves. Oy vey!

We're making time for other stuff besides weddinging, as otherwise we'd go mad. On Saturday we took advantage of the not-pouring weather to go up to Smuggler's Cove and go for a walk. It's not really a hike per se, as it's pretty gentle, but it was nice to get out all the same. We saw some charming little lillies: Steve says they're Fawn Lillies.



Smuggler's Cove is worth a visit. It's about 15 minutes drive north of Sechelt, so about 35 minutes from Gibsons. It has a beautiful protected rocky coastline and bluegreen lagoons. The trails are nice and they have interpretive signs. The arbutus trees are HUGE!



Angel and I walked up and down some log-bridges down by the water, which made Steve a little nervous. Not quite as nervous as when I convinced him to walk down one himself.



On the way home, we stopped the car on the side of the road to look at these flowers. Steve hasn't told me what kind they are.



Forgive me the metaphor, but this stage of planning really is like the trail through Smuggler's Cove: sometimes broad and flat, other times tricky and steep, but always beautiful and natural, with moments of exquisite loveliness. And, most wonderful -- we walk it together.

*sniff*

2 comments:

Julia said...

May 12th! May 12th, Lorien! :)

Don't hate us too much... you have no idea what's been going on with the reception dress (10 times more trouble than my gown) and the cake and the hall and Jody's ring... not to mention family demands and trying to be calm and un-bridezilla-like.

I am so glad you guys are spending time together. We are trying to do that too.
I assume you and Steve are coming over the morning of? Please let me know.
-Julia

Lorien said...

Oops! I fixed the date.

Yes, we're going to come over on the morning of the 12th. We'll probably catch a very early ferry (fortunately, Steve's parents live in Tsawwassen).