I forgot!

That we booked our trip to Turkey! We did the deed last Wednesday night... we're flying Luftansa/Air Canada to Montreal, to Frankfurt and to Istanbul on October 11, 2007 and arriving in Istanbul at 1pm on Friday afternoon. We'll be in transit for 17 hours.

Booking the tickets was stressful and exciting and incredibly cool. We had to use the names that will be on our 'government issued identification' which, by October, will be my new last name. Filling in the little box on orbitz.com with 'Lorien Islay Quattrocchi' was both exhilerating and terrifying, which have always been the two feelings that accompany anything truly worthwhile to me.

I've talked about it in theory and practiced my signature, but this was the first time I wrote it down. Wrote it down! My new name! On tickets to Turkey!

Name!

Turkey!

It will be the trip of a lifetime: we'll be gone for 24 days, returning Sunday afternoon on November 3? 4? It's a blur. Steve has done lots of traveling, but this is the first overseas adventure for me.

Here is a photo of the Blue Mosque, which I shamelessly stole from a DragonWoman's flickr account:



source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonwoman/32655079/

No comments: