Musing and contemplating and thinking, oh my!

I wish it was a bit more interesting, all things considered. You'd think by the last semester of an English B.A., I'd be a bit more profound. All I can think of are a few things I need to pick up for our (our!) new place.

1. Garbage Can. Raccoon foiling must commence NOW.
2. Two resin chairs. Six is a good number for a patio table, and I have four from beside the house that just need an intimate encounter with a tub of vinegar to be useable. Mind you, I'm not sure I actually KNOW more than four people in Gibsons all together, but hopefully Steve can find people to fill them.
3. Two footmats (outdoor). Carpet is not an adequate substitute for mats. At all. Even carpet that is so delaminated that it looks like an outdoor mat is not acceptable.
4. One footmat (indoor). Even though we've hired a cleaning lady (yay!), I don't want to have the footprints of two people, two cats and one muddy dog tracked right through the kitchen. Not that I really expect all of the people, any of the cats or the dog to actually WIPE their feet, but it might help. Maybe I won't get it after all...
5. One wastebasket. For the bedroom. Two people x two ears each x two q-tips/ear/shower x two showers per day = I'm not good at math, but even I can see we need a wastebasket.
6. One plastic tablecloth. For the table on the patio that may or may not ever have more than two people sitting around it. Also: tablecloth weights. I don't anticipate that the weights will keep the cloth on the table (especially during wind like we had last weekend), but it's worth a shot. I can just picture a cat parasailing over the roof, clinging gamely to a tablecloth... Fortunately, tablecloths are cheap at the dollar store. Maybe I should get more than one? We do have two cats.


So far the move has been good. I haven't, as Steve's mum asked, strangled him yet (nor him me). Nice how his family has so much faith in him, eh? To everyone's suprise, we're still waiting on our first fight; it oughta be good when it comes.

Much to MY suprise, the commute is fine. I'll probably be hit by lightning on the way home, but I admit I prefer the 6:20am (am!) ferry to the 8:20 one! I'm still looking on it as a daily adventure, though I don't know how long that will last. I do realize that I commute for six hours for five hours of classes on Wednesdays. Ah, well.

Such is the price of getting out of the city. Oh, and moving in with my boyfriend is pretty cool, too. Gibsons is very nice. It reminds me a lot of the Kootenays, with the tie-die and loggers in - let's call it harmony, for want of a better word. I like how Elphinstone looms behind us and how the wind always blows, like in Kaslo.

No comments: